Welcome to The Cywir Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. This message will disappear once you sign in or sign up.

Welcome to Cywir

The biggest and best eoc experience to date.

Cywir has now released to the public and is available for download now!

Did you know?

Cywir is the only RuneScape 3 private server dedicated to bringing you the most enjoyable and stable experience possible. Unrivial in development, Cywir already boasts some of the most detailed and innovative content available, And we are only just getting started!

Join our discord community

Joining our discord comes with heaps of benefits,You will gain access to full forum/discord integration so you will always be able to keep up to date with the latest news, updates and development.
Its also one of the best ways to get to get to know the community and get involved with discussions.

Have a suggestion?

Something you would like to see in Cywir? let us know and let the community vote on it!

Found a bug?

Found a bug or experiencing an issue? Report it to us here!

Sign in to follow this  
Scythe

Dev Blog - Elite Dungeoneering

5 posts in this topic

header.png

Welcome to the 3rd installment of the Development Blogs.

I know, i know.. it's been a while but that is because i have been working long and hard on reworking the skill we all love to hate, Dungeoneering.
The decision to change this skill wasn't taking lightly, but upon starting this project i reviewed dungeoneering extensively and uncovered far to many issues in the way it was wrote and handled.

So it was then decided that to amend those issues i would have had to rewrite the whole skill which i was not willing to do.

Instead i sat down and thought, "what could i do to make this better?"

And then it came to me, why not make this into a unique/custom take on Dungeoneering?
So using RuneScape's idea for Elite Dungeons and incorporating them into modern assets from Shattered Worlds i was able to create something truly unique and special.

So without further ado i will explain in detail about Cywir's Elite Dungeoneering.

Core Information

Cywir's Elite Dungeoneering features a flawless dynamic map generating system which generates randomly themed floors in variable shapes and sizes.
for example, here are 3 images of small floors;

Spoiler

Untitled-2.png

This system not only supports small floors but it also supports more large challenging floors.

you can take either type of instance solo or with 2 other players.

Training the skill

Training dungeoneering now requires you to use your own equipment, supplies and general setup.
This is a safe mini-game although dying will affect the amount of experience and Dungeoneering tokens by deducting them by a percentage per death.

Upon starting a Dungeoneering instance you will greeted with the following 3 options;

Spoiler

5372eb982f7e235ea6f1ab2be7c21c7f.png

This interface is where the dung instance is handled, you can start your own instance or join/rejoin someone else's via this interface.
Note: once 1 NPC has been killed you will be unable to join another players instance.

Once you have entered the instance you will notice the following interfaces have appeared on your screen;

Spoiler

Untitled-6.png

The one outlined in green, is important. 
It is this interface that you are able to track how much XP you have earned and how many NPCS remain in the instance.

For example; 

Spoiler

Untitled-6.png

As you can see at 200m dungeoneering i received 9030 experience for killing 1 NPC.
After defeating 19 NPCs i received 85K experience.

All experience and tokens are rewarded at the end of the floor when you are taken to the reward and re-instancing lobby.

Spoiler

a99e11bd471af40e1af7a3fab99f1ad8.gif

It is in this instance you are able to claim your rewards from the floor completion, access the bank and choose whether to carry on or to leave.
The rewards lobby themes changes with the theme of previous floor completed, so you should always feel immersed while training Dungeoneering.

Rewards

Probably the most enjoyable thing about training dungeoneering now, you now get rewarded!
When completing a floor and entering the rewards instance the cracked chest will start to shake.
Taunting you to open it.

Sometimes it might troll you with random supplies or troll items but every now and then you might be rewarded with some
fancy rare items that will be just perfect for getting started on Cywir.

But.. To find out what the rare items are, i'm afraid your going to have find out yourself!

Additional information

At level 110 you are able to set your own floor theme by talking to the Quartermaster outside dungeoneering.

ALL floors feature dynamic effects while progressing throughout the floor, from falling rocks to explosions you will always be kept on your toes.

Notable NPCs have custom combat scripts adding additional challenge within the floor, use your knowledge of abilities to avoid taking serious damage.

NPCs within dungeoneering scale to your Combat level or Combat levels if in a team.

Dying inside dungeoneering is safe, but at the cost of experience and dungeoneering tokens.

I hope you have enjoyed reading the latest addition to the Development Blogs!
And i can't wait to see some of you in game very soon!

Scythe.

Pogchamp, this is some sick shit. 

Damn, this looks very well done, very impressed.

Excellent as always.
This will probably be the most favorited skill in the game to be honest.

Agreed! This is going to actually be great! For once I'm kind of excited to train dungeoneering!